Davee
bistoboy
big ed
potty4poole
dantheman
35 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you display your collection?

Post by flying free July 19th 2010, 9:34 pm

Nice! I like the Wallwork best obviously How do you display your collection? - Page 2 996431 and then bottom right next beautiful glaze and form, and then the second from right top shelf (Louis Hudson is it? or not?)
m
flying free
flying free

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you display your collection?

Post by dantheman July 19th 2010, 9:40 pm

I'd swap top right with bottom middle

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free July 19th 2010, 9:53 pm

I like the glaze on bottom middle but the first time I saw it on your Avatar I thought of a Bearskin helmet and immediately imagined what they might all look like in their Buck House guards finery but with bright blue bearskins How do you display your collection? - Page 2 88711 Now I can't see it without thinking of that.
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed July 19th 2010, 10:42 pm

The top shelf left to right is Robin welch and three Alan wallwork,
bottom is Bernard Rooke , Peter Wills and Robin welch , Iam waiting on another Wallwork soon ., Cheers all .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed July 20th 2010, 10:23 am

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 00211
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed July 20th 2010, 10:28 am

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 00111

These pieces originally thought to be Soendgen Keramik have been ID'd as Kera Keramik designed by Walther Gerhart hence the WG on some of the bases , Gerhart worked with soendgen before branching out on his own , however the little vase top left is Roth Keramik , the other glazes are exactly the same , so did he design for Roth as well ? ( as yet no roth designers are known ), also the form nubers are always the same 200, so maybe this is a studio series number .
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed July 20th 2010, 6:13 pm

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 03411

Ok took your avice Dan moved them around and added new wallwork
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed July 20th 2010, 6:15 pm

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 03610

studio Raku, bertoncello , schaeffenacker and Schiavon .
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot July 22nd 2010, 12:48 pm

the picture by my wife is newly displayed the pots need organizing/changing How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Dscn6412
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2634
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot July 22nd 2010, 1:55 pm

dantheman wrote:that's clutter Paul not a display How do you display your collection? - Page 2 88711
you think thats a clutter look at my other displaysHow do you display your collection? - Page 2 Dscn6413 How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Dscn6414
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2634
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed July 22nd 2010, 2:04 pm

tenpot wrote:the picture by my wife is newly displayed the pots need organizing/changing How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Dscn6412
I really do like the painting , but I keep thinking of baby penguins when I look at the fruit . How do you display your collection? - Page 2 137229
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman July 22nd 2010, 2:10 pm

big ed wrote:
dantheman wrote:Tony Morris wall

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 00311

These are terrific Dan , I am drawn to the one Top Left and also bottom right , ...top left wins it for me , also I think they should be spaced out more , or are they just together for the group shot ? .

I don't have a wide lens so I had to squash them up a bit How do you display your collection? - Page 2 606768

Top left was my first ever TM piece

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by skay July 22nd 2010, 3:03 pm

tenpot wrote:the picture by my wife is newly displayed the pots need organizing/changing How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Dscn6412

I How do you display your collection? - Page 2 996431 it, so rural french & shabby chic. With the Mona Lisa, little soldier and the honesty (Lunaria rediviva)

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed September 20th 2010, 7:55 pm

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 00810

Two new Sam Hall Pots and a new Wallwork
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed September 20th 2010, 7:57 pm

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 01010

A Sam Hall top right
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by Calusa September 25th 2010, 1:28 am

Well, not exactly how I display MY collection; this is the stuff I am trying to get rid of. This is my display booth at the 2010 Los Angeles Pottery Show which is one of the largest pottery sale/events in the US annually. Pardon the flash glare, there is a mirror in the back of the display case.
How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Potter10
Calusa
Calusa

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Wadersloh November 7th 2010, 4:21 pm

I am truly blown away with the displays and collections. What about starting a thread with virtual collections. A potty idea? maybe!
Wadersloh
Wadersloh

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman November 16th 2010, 12:51 pm

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 00218

Poole Aegean range vases from the 1970's with curtains from that period,unfortunately the photo doesn't show the great colour match Rolling Eyes

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free November 16th 2010, 9:57 pm

orange is my fave colour Jumping For Joy
I have a question about displaying plates - what can I use to hang them on the wall? those wire thingies are supposed to damage them. So what are the alternatives? I have to say I had a plate that had the same old hanger on it for I would guess about 40 years and it was in perfect condition as was the uncoated wire hanger it was on. So I'm wondering why they are so damaging? I guess stress on the piece and scratching, but???
So, any thoughts?
m
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by skay November 16th 2010, 10:25 pm

I'd always been led to believe that too m, but it probably refers to the old ones. I think the newer generation of plate hangers are much less likely to damage. Here's the one I have, as recommended by a Poolie geek :

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Dscn2011

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Dscn2012

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351

Back to top Go down

Post by truk10 November 16th 2010, 10:48 pm

The best way I've found of displaying plates is to use the stick-on plate discs. They come in several sizes, are strong (I use them to hang Poole chargers that are over 2kg), are totally hidden behind the plate and you just soak them in water when you want to remove them so there is no damage. You can buy them in Robert Dyas.

Using them you can create a display of plates that seems to "float" on the wall with no visible means of attachment.

truk10
truk10

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Thomas November 16th 2010, 11:00 pm

[quote="truk10"]The best way I've found of displaying plates is to use the stick-on plate discs. They come in several sizes, are strong (I use them to hang Poole chargers that are over 2kg), are totally hidden behind the plate and you just soak them in water when you want to remove them so there is no damage. You can buy them in Robert Dyas.

Very good to know, thank you............
Taylor Thomas
Taylor Thomas

Male Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free November 16th 2010, 11:10 pm

ooh thanks very much everyone. Skay I like that idea but if I used a hanger like that, my kids would bump it and the plate would fly out I'm sure.
I like that the discs seem to be very secure. I'm off to hunt those down tomorrow.
Many thanks!
m
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman November 20th 2010, 11:17 am

I bought this Picasso style cushion cover last summer and also a roll of 1970's linen and fibreglass wallpaper, recently I found a quality metal frame at a carboot sale so today they all came together Excellent

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Picass12

ps

the wallpaper was from the same carboot a few years ago and is also from the 70's

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by nick1512 January 9th 2011, 12:42 am

How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Potter35How do you display your collection? - Page 2 Potter36
nick1512
nick1512

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum