skay
Nic
Davee
l33ham180
dantheman
18 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Peterborough - Festival of Antiques  - Page 10 Empty Re: Peterborough - Festival of Antiques

Post by ppcollectables September 19th 2019, 2:52 pm

Its almost time for the P'boro Festival of Antiques, next Friday and Saturday 27th/28th Sept. Hopefully it will be as busy as Easter one. Inuit prints and sculpture along with Poole and other ceramics in the 'Main arena'.
It has now been taken over by IACF who run Ardingly, Ally pally etc. so suggest you come next week as entrance prices are bound to be increased from next year.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Peterborough - Festival of Antiques  - Page 10 Empty Re: Peterborough - Festival of Antiques

Post by dantheman September 19th 2019, 4:23 pm

well we had a good run but next week will be the last one for me if they want Ally Pally prices

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables March 20th 2020, 9:30 am

Peterborough festival of antiques has been postponed by IACF until 19th/20th June, not sure if it will happen then but we'll just have to wait and see.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables April 10th 2020, 9:35 am

Revised date for the Festival of Antiques, postponed from this weekend is now July 3rd and 4th,
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables June 1st 2020, 6:36 pm

The Easter/July fair has now been officially cancelled and there will just be the autumn fair on the 2/3 October.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables September 23rd 2020, 11:52 am

Peterborough 'Festival of Antiques' is going ahead on 2nd/3rd October. It will probably be safer than your local pub. Hope people haven't been put off from going, I know there will be those who will not want to take the risk but check the iacf website and decide. More inuit this time along with some very nice Poole, M'croft etc.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman September 23rd 2020, 12:30 pm

with the r rate rising we feel very worried about the crowds

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump September 23rd 2020, 1:51 pm

Especially in those (Nat West) sheds.
I wouldn't fancy standing in there at the moment.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7219
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables September 23rd 2020, 2:11 pm

I am in the Main Arena building, there are wider aisles than usual, probably a one way system and everyone wearing masks.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump September 23rd 2020, 3:06 pm

That was never too bad, but those sheds?
A complete log-jam at certain times of day!
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7219
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. September 23rd 2020, 6:57 pm

these ?

Peterborough - Festival of Antiques  - Page 10 Peterb10
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot September 23rd 2020, 9:15 pm

Given the grave situation we are in...However did this get the Green light? 2 metre social distancing must be just about impossible. Insane
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6399
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman September 23rd 2020, 10:50 pm

2 inch distancing has always been impossible in the sheds

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables September 24th 2020, 9:16 am

There is no compulsion to attend, I have just given out the information for those who were not sure if the event was taking place and want to go. I also suggested people check the iacf website so they can see if the safeguards put in place are acceptable to each individual.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman September 24th 2020, 10:22 am

maybe I could do the sheds at 7am, the crowds may still be outside

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables September 24th 2020, 11:45 am

I have just received my info pack/passes etc. The cattle sheds will be one-way only due to their narrowness, the Main Arena has fewer stands with wider spacings and aisles - probably enabled as some stallholders will be staying away. No buildings will be allowed to get too busy. Masks on indoors.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot September 24th 2020, 2:17 pm

Sorry pp I was not getting at you. But given how the Covid pandemic is now very quickly taking a much more serious turn, I just cannot understand why this is being allowed to take place.
philpot
philpot

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables September 24th 2020, 2:43 pm

No problem, Its for everyone to choose -buyers and sellers, I do believe it is safer than most pubs and probably supermarkets. I know the local council only gave go ahead on monday or tuesday of this week. I understand your point and don't dispute it. I am happy to go, others may not be. It is not for me to defend IACF, I would only say that if it mainly the young who are getting it and spreading it then lets hope they are all at uni by now or not wanting to spend money on pots/plates etc.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. September 24th 2020, 8:27 pm

Outside or well ventilated spaces are not a problem but I would not get too close to anyone and I would not go touching anything without a bacterial wipe. You can buy 40 for £1
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables January 13th 2021, 9:16 am

The fair scheduled for the Easter weekend has been put back to the 21st and 22nd May, I assume the organisers think that things will be more sorted by then and that at Easter there will still be a substantial lockdown in place.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM January 13th 2021, 11:38 am

Most of us aren’t going to be vaccinated before the end of the year and into 2022 Shrugs

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31503
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman January 13th 2021, 12:05 pm

Peterborough has a huge Covid problem

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot January 13th 2021, 2:45 pm

Peterborough Central Covid rate is 649.6.
Down Essex way it is double that.
philpot
philpot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum