Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice

3 posters

Go down

Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice Empty Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice

Post by Alex_s June 25th 2012, 4:13 pm

So this is in quite subtle amber and green colours, and around 23cm high. Haven't a pic of the base yet, but I can tell you it's dead flat, quite a few scratches on it, and with a chamfered edge. I'm guessing it isn't sommerso, but does anyone recognise it?

Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice Green_10
Alex_s
Alex_s

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice Empty Re: Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice

Post by Alex_s June 26th 2012, 6:41 pm

Just been looking at Paul J's thread and the comments about Flavio Poli. This isn't one of his, is it? It's got that chamfered edge on the base, and I take back what I said about it not being sommerso. I just did a quick image search for Flavio Poli and there's a picture on Flickr of a vase with holes in that seems to be in the same colour scheme. Of course, just because someone labels it Flavio Poli doesn't mean it really is, but still... Here's the base.

Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice Base10
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice Empty Re: Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice

Post by rocco June 27th 2012, 4:55 pm

Sorry, not Murano -- this vase is Czech, most probably from Skrdlovice glassworks.
I have a similar one in green and blue, with label:
Is this Flavio Poli? - Czech, most probably Skrdlovice Skrdl_10

The bevelled edge is a common feature in Czech hotworked glass...

Michael
rocco
rocco

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s June 27th 2012, 6:22 pm

Well there you go - the original title of the thread was 'is this Czech or Murano?'. I thought is was probably Czech. Thanks for clearing it up!
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by rocco June 27th 2012, 6:58 pm

You're welcome.
Lovely vase!

Michael
rocco
rocco

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Christine August 23rd 2012, 3:53 pm

Sommerso is a technique, so this could be considered sommerso even though Czech. Sommerso means submerged
Christine
Christine

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-02-03

http://www.lustrousstone.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum