Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94"

3 posters

Go down

Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94" Empty Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94"

Post by rocco Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:14 pm

I don't know if this may be referred to as studio pottery, hobbyist work, tourist ware...
It's quite nicely made, actually.

9 cm high, interior and rim glazed in light brown, outside with some "expressionist" houses and trees, partly with a metallic glaze.
The base is signed "M 94".

I don't really think this can be identified, but who knows?

Bought in Vienna, Austria BTW.

Thanks for any help,
Michael

Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94" Potter10
Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94" Potter11
Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94" Potter12
Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94" Potter13
rocco
rocco

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-11-26

Back to top Go down

Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94" Empty Re: Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94"

Post by dantheman Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:26 pm

good glazes

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94" Empty Re: Small studio type pottery vase, with expressionist townscape, signed "M 94"

Post by rocco Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks, Dan!
So more likely a studio piece?

Michael
rocco
rocco

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Looks like a studio piece.

I somehow have a feeling it may be French, but that's more of a guess.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by rocco Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks, Potty!

Michael
rocco
rocco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum