don't know if I'm in the right place but...

2 posters

Go down

don't know if I'm in the right place but... Empty don't know if I'm in the right place but...

Post by Bellapumpkin May 28th 2012, 8:41 pm

Does any one on here know a UK potter who simply marks with a capital A in a square box? I've tried and tried to get a pic of this but it's a very light mark on a wonderful ash glaze on heavy stoneware... it's just not visible on the photo. Sorry.

The mark is on the side just where the glaze ends and the unglazed rim begins. Its very simple - just an A in a square box.

Apologies to all admin people if I'm in the wrong section. Couldn't think where else to ask this question... Surrender

Anyway, thanks for looking and I really hope someone can help. I've been at the pooter for 5 hours now and am getting nowhere Shock

Bellapumpkin
Bellapumpkin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

don't know if I'm in the right place but... Empty Re: don't know if I'm in the right place but...

Post by Potty May 28th 2012, 9:01 pm

Sounds like it could be Bryan Newman - Aller Pottery.

But a picture is required really, even if it's just the item itself.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

don't know if I'm in the right place but... Empty Re: don't know if I'm in the right place but...

Post by Bellapumpkin May 28th 2012, 9:06 pm

Thanks so much! I will upload a pic tommorrow when it's quieter online - I'm having trouble tonight. Took nearly half an hour to upload a pic on another query and I need to take the dog out!
But thanks! I'm gonig to have a look see if I can find it anywhere on web...after the dog's been walked.

yay!
Bellapumpkin
Bellapumpkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellapumpkin May 30th 2012, 12:33 pm

Right, here's a pic of the pot and possibly one of the mark. I don't think it is Aller having looked them up. The A is impressed on the Aller stuff and this is a much finer lined mark.
Who'd have thought a simple A could be so varied...

don't know if I'm in the right place but... Pot_ma10

don't know if I'm in the right place but... Pot_ma11
Bellapumpkin
Bellapumpkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum