Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian??

2 posters

Go down

Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian?? Empty Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian??

Post by poofighter March 21st 2012, 3:12 pm

Hello

I was wondering whether you may be able to help me I/d the following pieces, I bought them recently at auction where they were described as 'continental'. I have tried to do my own research, but to no avail I'm afraid. I have spoken to a couple of people who think they may be Italian, but not certain.

There are no identifying marks that I can see, although there looks to have been some kind of label on the base of the plinth at some point. They are hollow and fairly lightweight for their size. I realise that without marks I am probably asking too much, but maybe you have seen something stylistically similar, as they have quite an unusual 'dimpled' finish?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you for your time.

Andrea

Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian?? SS104993
Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian?? SS104994
Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian?? SS104992
Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian?? SS104985
Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian?? SS104983
poofighter
poofighter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian?? Empty Re: Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian??

Post by tenpot March 21st 2012, 9:05 pm

there might be marks under the felt
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian?? Empty Re: Any ideas on these figures, poss Italian??

Post by poofighter March 22nd 2012, 10:35 am

Yes, I'd thought of that but the felt is so well attached you'd risk damaging the item trying to remove it unfortunately.
poofighter
poofighter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum