Can anyone tell me anything about this jug. Would love to know about it.

2 posters

Go down

Can anyone tell me anything about this jug. Would love to know about it. Empty Can anyone tell me anything about this jug. Would love to know about it.

Post by lissywoo March 14th 2012, 1:23 pm

Having trouble loading more pictures so will describe the other bits that cannot be seen. It measures 14cm tall, 12cm wide and 3 cm deep. On the side of the jar under the spout is written in blue Wynand Fockink Amsterdam (which I know is a brewery?). On the reverse side is a painting of a windmill, a house and a tree on a lake, and on the underneath it says 133 Goede Wasgen Gouda . I picked this up in a table top sale around 10 years ago because I liked the pictures on it and it has been on a shelf eversince. I know nothing else about it but would love to know from curiosity if nothing else. Would also love to know if it is worth anything as I cant seem to find anything like it on the internet....no doubt it is mass produced and Im looking in the wrong places!!!!

Can anyone tell me anything about this jug. Would love to know about it. Dsc04512
lissywoo
lissywoo

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Can anyone tell me anything about this jug. Would love to know about it. Empty Re: Can anyone tell me anything about this jug. Would love to know about it.

Post by chonji March 17th 2012, 1:07 pm

I did a quick google of " Goede Wasgen Gouda " and hit a load of good info, one of which shows the pottery is still in existence and says has operated since 1610 (!) The actual vase type and image content i would suggest you can find with a little digging. The Image you posted suggests 1950s, but perhaps earlier, but that is only supposition, a little more reasearch required methinks
chonji
chonji

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Can anyone tell me anything about this jug. Would love to know about it. Empty Re: Can anyone tell me anything about this jug. Would love to know about it.

Post by lissywoo March 17th 2012, 7:07 pm

Thank you so much, I will dig a little deeper using the information that you gave me.
lissywoo
lissywoo

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum