Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please

4 posters

Go down

Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please Empty Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please

Post by jtechter March 8th 2012, 1:50 pm

Attached are 3 photos of a cased hooped vase purchased at a goodwill. Measures 6" x 2 3/4" diameter, heavy glass, ground rim, no markings of any kind. I've only found one other like it online, it was listed on ebay, looked exactly like mine and he id'd it as Lindshammar. Photo has since been deleted. This exact shape is proving elusive.

I'd feel comfortable with at least one other opinion that it is Lindshammar and if not a point in the right direction. Any information would be greatly appreciated, as well as the age, and opinion of value. The last photo doesn't have scrapes on bottom, that is actually reflection.
Thank you, jan.
Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please Blue114
Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please Blue213
Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please Blue313
jtechter
jtechter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please Empty Re: Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please

Post by Nic March 11th 2012, 10:16 pm

The colour and finish look good for Lindshammar... but I'd be a bit concerned about the clear base - they're not usually so thick on these cased vases, at least in my experience.

But never say never!
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please Empty Re: Help Identifying Hooped Vase Please

Post by styleinvasion March 12th 2012, 5:08 pm

friedrich glas is a possibility as well they did a lot of hooped stuff with clear base
styleinvasion
styleinvasion

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://adorabilis.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jtechter March 12th 2012, 9:03 pm

thank you for the input....when i saw it i was sure it'd be easy to identify, with the color and hooped and all.....now it just sits on the shelf mocking me. sigh.
jtechter
jtechter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JoFish March 15th 2012, 6:11 pm

Sorry to be pedantic but that is cased in blue not clear.

As odd as it may sound, it may be worth adding Japan to the list of possibles along with Sweden and Germany.
JoFish
JoFish

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum