Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner

3 posters

Go down

Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner  Empty Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner

Post by big ed March 5th 2012, 10:34 am

Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner  00425

This sgraffito Farnham owl has incised HT as do other sgraffito pieces on the farnham pottery site , the maker has never been Id'd and the site people reckon it could be initials of a local hospital as pices were found there , I don't buy that at all , ok I have recently bought an owl slipware lamp by Roger Ross Turner , his Wife hilda turner also potted and the initials match the farnham pieces , I reckon they might have worked at farnham at one stage but have drawn a blank on the net
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11941
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner  Empty Re: Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner

Post by big ed March 5th 2012, 10:34 am

Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner  01317
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner  Empty Re: Farnham Owl Mystery HT mark - probably Roger or Hilda Ross Turner

Post by studio-pots March 5th 2012, 11:36 am

I don't have any expertise in this area but have visited the pottery buildings in Farnham and do hope that the plans to bring pottery back to the site are successful.

It might be a long shot but Mick Pinner, who runs the West Meon Pottery had his business at the Farnham Pottery until around 2000. Although he might not know the answer himself he might be able to suggest someone with more knowledge of who worked at Farnham in the past.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7812
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed March 5th 2012, 12:32 pm

Thanks John , have sent an email , also spotted a meon pot on ebay , is this the same as West meon ?
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots March 5th 2012, 1:17 pm

I think that it's the same pottery but a previous potter who had that pottery. Mick makes architectural ceramics mainly.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7812
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed March 5th 2012, 7:40 pm

Emailed the Farnham trust , they will discuss it at a meeting they have on tonight , maybe somebody will know a liitle about the piece .
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free April 16th 2012, 12:47 pm

it might just be my 'seeing' things incorrectly but isn't this incised HTK or THK?
m
flying free
flying free

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed April 16th 2012, 2:40 pm

Your not seeing thing m , my first reaction was HTk , but when I contacted Hoggie at the farnham collectors site they assured me it's just HT as can be seen here
http://www.misc-histories.info/farnham-pottery/lev3sgr2.htm
However turns out roger ross turner when he worked with wife Hilda he added an R to the HT , this can be seen in the studio potters book, not saying it's an R on my piece unless very sloppily done , don't know what to think ., I'm not suggesting 100% they both worked at farnham but I think it's a possibility .
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum