Take 2; Any help identifying this piece?

4 posters

Go down

Take 2; Any help identifying this piece? Empty Take 2; Any help identifying this piece?

Post by nickr December 11th 2011, 3:51 pm

All advice welcome and thanks for helping a techno idiot!
Take 2; Any help identifying this piece? Img_9231
Take 2; Any help identifying this piece? Img_9232
nickr
nickr

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Take 2; Any help identifying this piece? Empty Re: Take 2; Any help identifying this piece?

Post by tenpot December 11th 2011, 3:59 pm

looks to me like a piece that is waiting to be glazed and escaped sorry not much help
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Take 2; Any help identifying this piece? Empty Re: Take 2; Any help identifying this piece?

Post by nickr December 11th 2011, 4:09 pm

Hi
I thought that but it is signed and I thought perhaps it was someone good experimenting with the 'rules' of form and process?
nickr
nickr

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman December 11th 2011, 5:24 pm

yes it looks unfinished to me

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot December 11th 2011, 7:45 pm

if you sign in the clay then you have to do it before the first firing
tenpot
tenpot

Back to top Go down

Post by Calusa December 13th 2011, 7:38 am

This is not well presented in the photos (lying on a sheet). What is the size of this piece? I don't recognize the signature but I do find the responses from Dan and tenpot a bit curious; glaze does not define "finish". I tend to agree with nickr regarding "rules". Sometimes the unadorned form, scale and surface quality of the material is the point and intention of the artist.
Calusa
Calusa

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by nickr December 13th 2011, 8:27 am

Sorry about the photos, I just wanted to bring out the form and texture against the all white background. To me it seems quite Japanese influenced? Funnily enough the signature is also a very confident one in form and style which makes me think it might be someone who might be recognized. Will try and do better photos.
nickr
nickr

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot December 13th 2011, 9:49 am

I've got nothing against unglazed surfaces its just a gut feeling with this one,The form doesn't appear to be helped by the matt grey finish but I'm probably completely wrong
tenpot
tenpot

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman December 13th 2011, 12:30 pm

I prefer to burnish pots to glazed but the piece seems abandoned rather than unglazed

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum