Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker

2 posters

Go down

Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker Empty Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker

Post by blewis999 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:26 am

Found a lovely, orange, flowered vase marked, simply, "Italy" on the bottom.

I know it may be impossible to attribute this to anyone in particular, but I thought I'd ask and maybe get lucky.

I was looking on eBay and saw a vase very similar to this that they said was Raymor, but they didn't state whether it was Bitossi or someone else. (eBay item referenced - Click Here)

Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker Etsy_210  Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker Etsy_211  Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker Etsy_212  Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker Etsy_213  Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker Etsy_214

Thanks for any and all help,
Robert
blewis999
blewis999

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker Empty Re: Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker

Post by big ed Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:47 am

As you say it's very difficult to trace a lot of the italian pieces without a label , , I would safely say it's not bitossi , also Raymor were an importer of various italian companies , so unless one turns up with a label Shrugs
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11941
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker Empty Re: Italian Vase - Looking for thoughts on maker

Post by blewis999 Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:09 am

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I've seen some other items that were marked simply, "Italy" on the bottom where people knew the makers. Those either had a pattern number or some other marking, and the "Italy" had more of a handwritten look, often with the cross line of the "t" going over most of the word.

Mine, is just a stamp.

Well, anyway, it's a nice vase and I like the colors and design. It's definitely retro. I'm thinking 60's, maybe early 70's.

Thank you for taking the time.

I just stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and I must say it's great and the people on it, like yourself, are very helpful.

Robert
blewis999
blewis999

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 am

Cheers Robert , you are welcome , feel free to post any pics of your pottery etc. Ed
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11941
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum