CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE

3 posters

Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE Empty CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE

Post by DIANE June 4th 2011, 2:04 pm

CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE Corpor10CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE Corpot10CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE Corpot11CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE Corpot12CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE Cormar10

Bought at a boot sale this morning and fell in love with it. Seller said she thought it was from Cornwall. Its a heavy item approx 29cm across. The top is glazed and part of the pattern.
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE Empty Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE

Post by climberg64 June 5th 2011, 11:03 pm

I've looked at a lot of pottery but not seen anything like this. Does it look hand made? From the photos it doesn't look thrown, coiled or slab built. Moulded?
climberg64
climberg64

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2010-01-20

Back to top Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE Empty Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ID THIS LARGE PIECE OF STUDIO POTTERY JUG / VASE PLEASE

Post by DIANE June 6th 2011, 7:56 am

climberg64 wrote:I've looked at a lot of pottery but not seen anything like this. Does it look hand made? From the photos it doesn't look thrown, coiled or slab built. Moulded?
Yes I know what you mean, its more sculptural than anything I've seen.
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot June 6th 2011, 8:19 am

I would guess moulded initials AL or FL
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum