IDENTIFYING A POSSIBLE STUDIO POTTERY MARK - EARTHENWARE 2 LEGGED VASE

2 posters

Go down

IDENTIFYING A POSSIBLE STUDIO POTTERY MARK - EARTHENWARE 2 LEGGED VASE  Empty IDENTIFYING A POSSIBLE STUDIO POTTERY MARK - EARTHENWARE 2 LEGGED VASE

Post by juniper May 22nd 2011, 11:13 pm

Hello there - I wonder if anyone can help me identify a) whether or not the picture below shows a pottery/potters mark, and if so, b) does anyone know whose mark it is and anything about them?

Many thanks in advance.

[img]IDENTIFYING A POSSIBLE STUDIO POTTERY MARK - EARTHENWARE 2 LEGGED VASE  Studio14[/img]

[img]IDENTIFYING A POSSIBLE STUDIO POTTERY MARK - EARTHENWARE 2 LEGGED VASE  Studio15[/img]

[img]IDENTIFYING A POSSIBLE STUDIO POTTERY MARK - EARTHENWARE 2 LEGGED VASE  Studio16[/img]

Juniper
juniper
juniper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

IDENTIFYING A POSSIBLE STUDIO POTTERY MARK - EARTHENWARE 2 LEGGED VASE  Empty Re: IDENTIFYING A POSSIBLE STUDIO POTTERY MARK - EARTHENWARE 2 LEGGED VASE

Post by studio-pots May 23rd 2011, 10:01 am

I suppose all that I can say for certain is that your piece is in stoneware and the mark is a seal mark of some kind.

However, there are a couple, who now makes tiles under the name Reptile Tiles & Ceramics (they have a web site) and they do appear to have used a mark similar to that on your piece early in their careers (late 1980s).

I have never seen any of their early work so have no idea if this has anything to do with them but I would suggest you email them - potter's are usually very helpful.
studio-pots
studio-pots
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7812
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum