Jason Wason

3 posters

Go down

Jason Wason Empty Jason Wason

Post by DIANE April 25th 2011, 4:15 pm

Jason Wason Img_6717


Jason was born in Liverpool in 1946 and started working at the LeachPottery in 1976. He continued there until 1981 when he opened his own studio near St. Just. However, He spent 8 years spent travelling extensively in North Africa, the Balkans, the Middle East and Asia before settling down to pot in his own studio in St Just. Jason has exhibited around the world, including solo exhibitions in the National Museum & Gallery, Liverpool; Boymans Van Beuningen Museum in Rotterdam and on several occasions at the Seto City Cultural Centre in Japan, as well as having work on display in the Tate, St. Ives.


DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by DIANE April 25th 2011, 4:36 pm

DIANE wrote:Jason Wason Img_6717


Jason was born in Liverpool in 1946 and started working at the LeachPottery in 1976. He continued there until 1981 when he opened his own studio near St. Just. However, He spent 8 years spent travelling extensively in North Africa, the Balkans, the Middle East and Asia before settling down to pot in his own studio in St Just. Jason has exhibited around the world, including solo exhibitions in the National Museum & Gallery, Liverpool; Boymans Van Beuningen Museum in Rotterdam and on several occasions at the Seto City Cultural Centre in Japan, as well as having work on display in the Tate, St. Ives.


This is my favorite pot in my collection and is a real heavyweight.
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by DIANE April 26th 2011, 8:33 am

Jason Wason Img_6728

Jason Wason mark
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by dantheman April 26th 2011, 9:11 am

does Wason sound like Jason but with a w and not a j?

_________________
DTM wrote:Living saints are extremely rare,generally they wait for all the witnesses to die
dantheman
dantheman
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15225
Location : Lincolnshire ( the veg patch of England)
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by DIANE April 26th 2011, 11:08 am

I think more probably with a hard a and maybe V or w. I found his email so have sent a message to ask him, will see if he replies.
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by studio-pots April 26th 2011, 12:43 pm

I think that I remember reading that Jason wasn't his given Christian name and that it was a nickname that he picked up. If that's so then they would rhyme.

_________________
Now you should know by now that Potty and I need to see your bottom - we're funny that way!
studio-pots
studio-pots
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7151
Location : South East London
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by DIANE April 26th 2011, 1:06 pm

Interesting thanks
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty JASON WASON

Post by DIANE April 27th 2011, 10:10 am

Jason Wason kindly replied to my email and said indeed his surname Wason does rhyme with Jason. I told him about the forum and said I hoped he would register.
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by dantheman April 27th 2011, 12:32 pm

I hope he's just as oblivious to my micky taking Diane Big Laughter

_________________
DTM wrote:Living saints are extremely rare,generally they wait for all the witnesses to die
dantheman
dantheman
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15225
Location : Lincolnshire ( the veg patch of England)
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by DIANE April 27th 2011, 1:06 pm

dantheman wrote:I hope he's just as oblivious to my micky taking Diane Big Laughter
Jumping For Joy Jumping For Joy
DIANE
DIANE

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Jason Wason Empty Re: Jason Wason

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum