Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles)

3 posters

Go down

Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles) Empty Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles)

Post by heygarth54 April 5th 2011, 12:35 pm

[Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles) 211uPale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles) 313rl=https://servimg.com/view/15480237/98]Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles) 111[/url]
I bought this unusual pair of bowls earlier today, they each measure between six and seven inches across. There are no makers marks on the base, just an image of a face on the handle. I was hoping someone might recognise them and let me know a little more about them, ie. When and where they were made and by whom if at all possible. Thanks.
heygarth54

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-07-30

Back to top Go down

Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles) Empty Re: Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles)

Post by big ed April 5th 2011, 1:49 pm

http://www.barryguppy.co.uk/1970.html

Possibly Barry Guppy ,you could ask him through this lin k
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11941
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles) Empty Re: Pale Blue Shell Type Bowls (Faces on handles)

Post by heygarth54 April 5th 2011, 2:19 pm

Many thanks 'big ed', They do look very similar to some of Barrys work. I have emailed him to ask whether they are his work, just awaiting reply. hope he doesn't mind. Thanks again Ed.
heygarth54

Back to top Go down

Post by heygarth54 April 11th 2011, 12:54 pm

Barry was kind enough to take the time to reply to my email, he said that 'he threw a few pots on a wheel thirty years ago, but not since, and that although these bowls have a similar moon seal to the one he used to use, they are not his.
It's a shame he gave it up. Thanks for the suggestion Ed 'close but no cigar'.
heygarth54

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed April 11th 2011, 1:45 pm

Ah well !, never mind worth a try I suppose , at least he replied , which I always think is nice of them to take the time out .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11941
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free April 18th 2011, 12:34 am

According to that link he didn't give it up, maybe just changed method? I love his work - it has an ethereal feel to it. Very beautiful.
m
flying free
flying free

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum