Triangular shape glass vase for ID 50's 60's

2 posters

Go down

Triangular shape glass vase for ID  50's 60's  Empty Triangular shape glass vase for ID 50's 60's

Post by Guest February 28th 2011, 2:25 pm

This piece looks scandi and i have scoured the net to find a maker but the nearest i found was a similar bottle shaped vase (not triangular) and with an indent to the body this was attributed to Elme Glasbruk. Does anyone know if my vase is by the same maker?
measure's 9.5 inches high

Triangular shape glass vase for ID  50's 60's  Image210Triangular shape glass vase for ID  50's 60's  Image513

Back to top Go down

Triangular shape glass vase for ID  50's 60's  Empty Re: Triangular shape glass vase for ID 50's 60's

Post by flying free February 28th 2011, 3:31 pm

I have one in blue. All I know is that it is a different size to my Elme one which is turquoise cased and triangular.
someone posted on the Glass Message Board to say that a blue one was not Gullaskruf I think. So as yet I don't think it has been definitely id'd - current thinking is Empoli Italy or Scandinavia. Personally I favour Scandinavia but I can't tell you why.
m
flying free
flying free

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Triangular shape glass vase for ID  50's 60's  Empty Re: Triangular shape glass vase for ID 50's 60's

Post by Nic March 1st 2011, 2:39 pm

I've seen similar - possibly the same - vases in typically Empoli cased colours (that ubiquitous mustard-yellow with quite a watery opal-white interior).
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 1st 2011, 2:45 pm

Thanks m and nic

I thought Scandi at first but it could well be Empoli.

Thanks again rob

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free March 1st 2011, 3:45 pm

Is this one cased then? I thought it was transparent?
m
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 1st 2011, 3:54 pm

this is transparent m, not cased.

rob

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free March 1st 2011, 4:17 pm

ok, I think this is the same as my blue one then. and the measurement is 24.5 cm tall. It is taller than my triangular cased over white one. And my cased one is turquoise, good white interior and I think has been attributed to Elme.
however because the size is differnt on these I'm not sure about this one.
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 5th 2011, 1:54 pm

Thanks m,

I've just noticed that Pip has a thread on Elme Glasbruk in Scandinavian glass and there appears to be the same vase but in white with the remains of swedish paper label. Unfortunatly there is no mention of size on this one.

rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum