Frillo
skay
Anna
Tigerchips Meowseum
Thesigeng
heygarth54
10 posters

Go down

blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy Empty blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy

Post by heygarth54 September 3rd 2010, 5:00 pm

blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy U10
I picked up this item a couple of weeks ago, each of the three pieces is marked with the two lions astride a shield, I can't find this logo on the Marksfinder website, does anybody have any idea of the maker ?
heygarth54

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-07-30

Back to top Go down

blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy Empty Re: blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy

Post by Thesigeng September 3rd 2010, 9:15 pm

Looks like a foreign mark due to the shape of the crest and crown. Are the flags Union flags?
Googled and Coalport came up a lot, but mark not in book under Coalport. Shrugs
Thesigeng
Thesigeng

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy Empty Re: blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy

Post by heygarth54 September 4th 2010, 12:48 pm

Thanks for your help, the flags could be the St George Cross, but are indistinct really. Thanks for the coalport suggestion, I'll keep looking.
heygarth54

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerchips Meowseum September 8th 2010, 11:55 am

The mark looks like a 'copy' of the British Royal Arms which was mainly used by British and American potteries. That's an unusual handle on the cup, is it mean't to resemble a lion? If so it could be a commemorative piece.
Tigerchips Meowseum
Tigerchips Meowseum

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://tigerchipsmeowseum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by heygarth54 September 10th 2010, 10:27 pm

Many thanks Tigerchips, do you have any idea as to when this might have been produced ?
heygarth54

Back to top Go down

Post by Thesigeng September 11th 2010, 1:42 am

http://www.figurines-sculpture.com/unidentified-coat-of-arms-pottery-mark-with-two-lions-rampant.html

Updated:

We have found the answer to what this beautiful collection is. It is modern reproduction, sold from a beautiful top-end Italian website anticheriproduzioni.com (likely made in China to the specification of the Italian designers who love the old traditional English look).
Thesigeng
Thesigeng

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy Empty China Cream Tray with two lions astride shield

Post by Anna January 14th 2011, 1:58 am

I found a porcelain mark which looks similar to your mark. It was identified as "Tettau". I recently purchased a piece of porcelain with the same mark. I bought it thinking it was a reproduction of some type. Mine is a wedge shaped cheese dish. Hope this helps!
Anna
Anna

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by skay January 14th 2011, 5:39 pm

Thanks Anna, welcome to the forum blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy 124209

xx
skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by heygarth54 January 14th 2011, 6:12 pm

Many thanks Anna, Ive never come across the name 'Tettau' before, thanks for the info' I'll do a little more digging, although I don't have this item anymore, the name might come in very handy for future purchass. Thanks again, much appreciated.
heygarth54

Back to top Go down

Post by Frillo January 14th 2011, 8:40 pm

here are Tettau marks

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PRwLZ0nAIroJ:www.porzellanstrasse.de/Bodenmarken-aus-den-Staedten-T.496.0.html+tettau+porzellan+marke&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=firefox-a

there is a similar mark, but I don't think yours is Tettau too.
Frillo
Frillo

Male Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://www.lavaguys-ceramic.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frillo January 14th 2011, 8:41 pm

and here are even more and better marks of Tettau

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/bavaria/tettau_1/00.php
Frillo
Frillo

Male Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://www.lavaguys-ceramic.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by heygarth54 January 14th 2011, 9:30 pm

Thanks Frillo, I looked through this site at the time of my post, but couldn't find an exact match even after hours of comparisons. It's a great site though, with hundreds of 'marks', many of which I think 'I'm sure I've seen that mark before on something' but I can never remember where or on which item. Like many others on this site have suggested, we must start keeping notes. Thanks for your help.
heygarth54

Back to top Go down

Post by nayb June 5th 2011, 1:13 am

Hi i was wondering if you have found out any more about your piece i bought a tea set the other week with the same makers mark and cannot odentify the marker.

Nay
nayb
nayb

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty June 5th 2011, 1:07 pm

Looking at peoples posts of the items with that mark on the first link, I strongly feel they are reproductions.

nayb could you post a pic of your item and a pic of the base please?

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

blue mark two lions rampant astride a shield - modern Chinese copy Empty Pattern name - is Willow Blue

Post by lmiddend November 4th 2011, 12:05 pm

I just bought a teapot and cup for my office at a local antique shop. When I purchased the piece they informed me the pattern name is Blue Willow or Willow Blue. I did some research and this is the pattern I have on my set. My makers mark is the same as the others on this post. I have not confirmed this is a "reproduction" yet. Hope this helps.
lmiddend
lmiddend

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajoah March 9th 2012, 12:37 am

Apparently this mark is from a modern antique reproduction company in Italy.
http://www.anticheriproduzioni.com/Engl/chi_siamo.htm
If you look through their English China products catalog you will probably find the exact same items or at the very least the same patterns though there does not appear to be any images of their mark on the site. Perhaps an email to them may confirm 100% it is their mark but I have not bother to do so yet as I found my exact item on the site.
I have 2 items with the exact same mark. 1 has the word ASCOT written below but I think this refers to the pattern rather than the maker. (Perhaps because its similar to the Royal Ascot blue pattern).
I first found the information here.
http://www.figurines-sculpture.com/unidentified-coat-of-arms-pottery-mark-with-two-lions-rampant.html
Ajoah
Ajoah

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum