Bottle shaped ish large vase studio

4 posters

Go down

Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio Empty Bottle shaped ish large vase studio

Post by flying free Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Anyone recognise this vase or the mark please? I am now thinking I NEED books fairly desperately as I can't id most of our pieces Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 466571 . I'll post a question somewhere else about that though.
This is quite large about 10"tall , 4 1/2" wide or so.
Thanks in advance
m
Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio Olive_10

Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio Olive_11

Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio Olive_12
flying free
flying free

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio Empty Re: Bottle shaped ish large vase studio

Post by flying free Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:56 pm

just been having another trawl and came across Adam Dworski's mark which looks very much like this. turn bottom pic to the left 90degrees. Does anyone know if this may have been a piece of his work style wise and materials etc?
many thanks
m
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio Empty Re: Bottle shaped ish large vase studio

Post by flying free Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:57 pm

of Wye pottery
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi m, I have had a few of dworski pots and I can say pretty much for certain it's not his work , his marks were mostly painted and some impressed also completely different style, it looks like incised Bp to me from your pic , but alas I cannot find it in the pottery book .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks for looking for me Ed, I appreciate it. I thought it was a long shot. Pip, yes it's a pita if they aren't clearly signed, made worse by the fact I haven't a book yet (birthday coming up though so two books on their way hopefully Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 626982 )
m
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:29 pm

what two books are you hoping for ?
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 pm

one on glass, the other on studio pottery (and marks Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 314189 ) which one would be your best recommendation Ed?
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:24 pm

That's a difficult one , on glass i have millers 20th century glass ( andy mcconnell) 20th century glass judith miller and the history of glass Dan klein , probably the first is the one I would use most , on pottery I have the british studio potters marks by eric yates and robert fournier , 700 pages but that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as potters signatures go i also have handbook of pottery marks , JP cushion and millers 20th century ceramics , british studio ceramics by paul rice and so on , they all have good stuff in them I think you would have to have a quick look at them to decide what you fancy , I wouldn't like to sway you one way or tother . Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 314189
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by skay Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Come on Ed, what sort of answer is that? Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 88711 We need details!

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 pm

thanks Ed, that's clear then.....more than two books needed Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 88711
No....seriously, I have quite a few glass books now and I'm aiming to get Andy McConnells this time. Studio pottery, I had thought the Eric Yates and Robert Fournier, or the Paul Rice one but will go with Yates and Fournier I think. I can't look at them because nowhere round here has them hence my request for recs. I can't afford any more than that to be honest.
thanks
m
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Yates and Fournier has been very useful

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15416

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:25 pm

thanks Dan
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 pm

also keeping your own records can be very useful Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio Icon_geek

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by flying free Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 314189 thanks - I do mostly. Are you referring to me remembering seeing two fish mark somewhere? That was before I got the pots though. And I must have thought, 'oh, it'll be no problem to find that again Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 916712 '
flying free
flying free

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:35 pm

I also remember seeing the two fish mark before Bottle shaped ish large vase  studio 867712

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum