Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo

5 posters

Go down

Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo Empty Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo

Post by Lovin'lava May 20th 2010, 6:19 pm

Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo Img_0015

Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo Img_0018

Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo Img_0019

Hello all.........this is my first posting and I'm hoping someone can help me identify this vase please (sorry about the quality of the photos, I'm new to this!)

The vase is 7.75 ins high and 13.5 ins circumference around its widest point. It weighs around 1 kg. It is a lovely amber colour with bluey/green oval discs. With the light behind it the base glows a lovely deep orange colour. The rim is not uniform in thickness, it varies between 5mm - 7mm.

Any help or suggestons would be most appreciated.....thanks!

Last edited by denbydump on August 6th 2020, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : neg ID)
Lovin'lava
Lovin'lava

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-20

Back to top Go down

Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo Empty Re: Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo

Post by skay May 20th 2010, 7:19 pm

Hi, Lovin' and welcome to the forum Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo 124209

Nice vase - I hope you get some help here.

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo Empty Re: Amber Vase with Duck Egg Blue Lens/Ovals - Sklo Union? Not Sklo

Post by Taylor Thomas May 20th 2010, 8:44 pm

I cannot get a real good look of the vase base but it doesn't look like a birdbath base as in the mass produced pressed stuff. or look like the polished flat base on the hot worked pieces, I don't think it is......
Taylor Thomas
Taylor Thomas

Male Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovin'lava May 20th 2010, 10:05 pm

Thanks to both of you for the warm welcome and feedback - much appreciated!

I only put thumbnail pics up as I was posting 3 photos.......the picture of the base is definitely better if you click on the thumbnail and bring up a full size photo...I don't know if that helps any?
Lovin'lava
Lovin'lava

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic May 20th 2010, 10:24 pm

I think it's contemporary Chinese - or certainly of far-eastern origin - but with quite an inventive design.

It's mould-blown, and will be blue glass cased in amber - the amber layer is then cut away in lens shapes to reveal the blue underneath. It's the coarseness of the cutting, though, that rather reveals its origin.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovin'lava May 21st 2010, 5:27 pm

Thanks you for your feedback..........it certainly confirms the doubts that I had about it being Sklo.
Lovin'lava
Lovin'lava

Back to top Go down

Post by Christine July 28th 2010, 11:08 am

Sklo just means glass, so it's sklo. The Sklo Union factories, in the main, made pressed glass, not mould blown.
Christine
Christine

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-02-03

http://www.lustrousstone.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum