J MANSEA?

Go down

J MANSEA? Empty J MANSEA?

Post by Taylor Thomas on January 29th 2010, 11:16 am

J MANSEA? Art001
J MANSEA? Art003

Also this one please.

Kind regards Guy
Taylor Thomas
Taylor Thomas

Male Number of posts : 675
Location : London, England
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by Pip on January 29th 2010, 11:24 am

I don't know the artist however I can say that the hessian insert in the frame and the general style of the painting (or is it a print I can't tell) are very typically 60s/70s...

_________________
Text & photographs ©️ Pip Harris
Pips-Trip.co.uk
20th Century Retro/Vintage Ceramics & Glass
Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3414
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by Taylor Thomas on January 29th 2010, 11:42 am

Thanks Pip, that was my impression as well. It is an original oil painting by the way. Thanks for your imput Guy
Taylor Thomas
Taylor Thomas

Male Number of posts : 675
Location : London, England
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by Pip on January 29th 2010, 12:17 pm

It reminds me of the stuff that fella used to paint on TV in the 70s - can't remember his name now - was it Bob something, he had long hair, I think he may have been Canadian - des anyone remember watching those programmes? I used to love them!

_________________
Text & photographs ©️ Pip Harris
Pips-Trip.co.uk
20th Century Retro/Vintage Ceramics & Glass
Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3414
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by skay on January 29th 2010, 6:58 pm

Pip wrote:I don't know the artist however I can say that the hessian insert in the frame and the general style of the painting (or is it a print I can't tell) are very typically 60s/70s...

Throw in a ski lift and an exotic woman with furry hat and foreign accent, and its a scene from a James Bond film!

xx

_________________
Nic wrote:A WMF lady exposes her breasts at me every morning when I open the curtains

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit


22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3488
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by Taylor Thomas on February 6th 2010, 5:58 pm

Don't forget the music as well Skay!!!
Taylor Thomas
Taylor Thomas

Male Number of posts : 675
Location : London, England
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by skay on February 6th 2010, 7:05 pm

J MANSEA? 314189 Yes, something by John Barry!

xx

_________________
Nic wrote:A WMF lady exposes her breasts at me every morning when I open the curtains

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit


22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3488
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by Pip on February 9th 2010, 3:06 pm

couldn't resist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heErE-1v9A8

_________________
Text & photographs ©️ Pip Harris
Pips-Trip.co.uk
20th Century Retro/Vintage Ceramics & Glass
Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3414
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by PeterC on February 9th 2010, 7:09 pm

Pip wrote:It reminds me of the stuff that fella used to paint on TV in the 70s - can't remember his name now - was it Bob something, he had long hair, I think he may have been Canadian - des anyone remember watching those programmes? I used to love them!
Bob Ross and The Joy of Painting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross
PeterC
PeterC

Male Number of posts : 152
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by Pip on February 10th 2010, 9:13 am

Peter - thank you! Yes that's him - I didn't realise he'd died such a while ago and at only 52 - what a shame for his family.

_________________
Text & photographs ©️ Pip Harris
Pips-Trip.co.uk
20th Century Retro/Vintage Ceramics & Glass
Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3414
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

J MANSEA? Empty Re: J MANSEA?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum