BAY vase .. with query about base name.

3 posters

Go down

BAY vase .. with query about base name. Empty BAY vase .. with query about base name.

Post by colled-54 June 9th 2009, 9:21 am

Hello to all, my name is Eddy and me and my wife started collecting ceramics about a year ago and mainly get them from local jumblesales/ carbootsales here in the north of Holland.

This vase was bought by my wife for a few euro's and after checking several sites about BAY, I am a bit confused how the name BAY is written on the base. All site mention a Y .. but on this vase it's a curved Y. Is the letter style related to a certain age, or .???

So if any one could help with this.

Eddy

Aaah.. no pics. How do I post pics.???

BAY vase .. with query about base name. 9juniBayceramicsvaas001

BAY vase .. with query about base name. 9juniBayceramicsvaas002

Last edited by colled-54 on June 9th 2009, 9:28 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : no photo's)
colled-54
colled-54

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

BAY vase .. with query about base name. Empty Re: BAY vase .. with query about base name.

Post by Pip June 9th 2009, 9:32 am

Hi there - welcome to our board and thanks for posting :-)

Firstly, I'm going to move this thread to our Pottery Discussions section. Secondly, with regard to posting photos - click the link below to get taken to a 'How To' thread which should help.

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/how-to-faqs-f5/how-to-upload-photographs-to-your-post-t6.htm

Any problems just let me know.

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

BAY vase .. with query about base name. Empty Re: BAY vase .. with query about base name.

Post by big ed June 9th 2009, 11:47 am

There are many different styles of spelling , by many different companies , Bay have at least 3 different ways , why I don't know , the bodo mans designs seem to write west-germany and some of the bittossi styles are inscribed bay, the contura was originally thought to be a retailer, but I found out long ago it is not , it is a range that bay did , rather like carstens luxus range .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11934
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum