Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked

2 posters

Go down

Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked Empty Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked

Post by Birky May 22nd 2024, 11:05 am

Not exactly High Art but they make me smile!

No marks to be found, Earthenware, roughly 9.5cm tall, 7cm diameter.

Anyone recognise the style?

They may well be from a hobby potter but you never know.Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked Img20291
Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked Img20292
Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked Img20290
Birky
Birky

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked Empty Re: Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked

Post by Celtic_Fan May 22nd 2024, 8:17 pm

They remind me very much of Prima Pottery, the markings & colours.
Except that the terracotta bases look too pale. Prima is normally a dark terracotta colour.
But everything really reminds me of Prima - although I've never seen this design and I've not seen any items not marked (unless too small, such as a couple of tiny hedgehogs I've seen).
Celtic_Fan
Celtic_Fan

Male Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked Empty Re: Mr & Mrs Salt & Pepper Pots - Unmarked

Post by Birky May 22nd 2024, 8:31 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, I've had a few pieces of Prima through my hands and all have been marked, the colour may appear darker under different lighting though, the photographs were taken in the conservatory on a sunny day. Colour in photographs on screens can be difficult to judge.
Birky
Birky

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum