Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on M. McCourt

2 posters

Go down

Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on  M. McCourt  Empty Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on M. McCourt

Post by Anamchara April 27th 2024, 7:56 pm

I've had this quaint little 4.5" plate from the Staffordshire Tea Set Co for some time. I think that the backstamp dates it somewhere between 1947-1952 and that the B in the backstamp indicates that it was part of the Wartime Concentration Scheme. I would love to know who M. McCourt was and what scene is depicted. And what does the B.W. beneath the signature mean?

Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on  M. McCourt  Img_2022
Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on  M. McCourt  Img_2021
Anamchara
Anamchara

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2024-02-14

Back to top Go down

Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on  M. McCourt  Empty Re: Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on M. McCourt

Post by NaomiM April 27th 2024, 8:08 pm

It looks like a blank white Staffordshire plate that’s been decorated by a hobbyist. Possibly by someone in the camp or a local villager

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31545
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on  M. McCourt  Empty Re: Staffordshire Tea Set Company looking for info on M. McCourt

Post by Anamchara April 27th 2024, 8:14 pm

Thank you.
Anamchara
Anamchara

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2024-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum