Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03

2 posters

Go down

Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03 Empty Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03

Post by DavidG February 9th 2024, 4:46 pm

Two pieces of studio pottery, both marked "LK" 03.  Does anyone recognize maker or possible location made based on clay color?  Each piece is approx. 4-1/2" tall and approx. 7" diameter at widest.  Pieces found in the wild in Wallingford, CT  USA.Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03 20240213
Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03 20240214
Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03 20240215
DavidG
DavidG

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2020-02-17

Back to top Go down

Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03 Empty Re: Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03

Post by philpot February 10th 2024, 9:48 am

The clay looks to be stoneware. Which is a very popular clay, but very difficult to identify anything by. Mostly because most potters use commercial mixtures for stoneware.
Most of us on here are UK or European based. So our knowledge of the more 'difficult' US pottery is somewhat limited.
You might try the marks project. A US site of potters marks.
https://www.themarksproject.org/
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6529
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03 Empty Re: Two pieces of USA pottery, LK mark 03

Post by DavidG February 12th 2024, 2:44 pm

Thank you for feedback. I had already looked at the Marks Project, as I use that site from time to time. I belong to few other fb groups that specialize in studio pottery but no luck ID-ing just yet.
DavidG
DavidG

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2020-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum