R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe

2 posters

Go down

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe Empty Slipware bowl, R mark - possibly Richard Godfrey? Christopher Russell...?

Post by RVsaid February 25th 2016, 12:07 pm

Hi

looks like the Dartmoor area deep red clay with dark gloss glaze finish. Painted mark looks to be a PR letter combination.

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe Pr10
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe Empty Christopher Russell? Beamish Museum Pottery?

Post by NaomiM June 2nd 2018, 5:40 pm

I thought it was one of Richard’s old marks (I have a list he drew for me but I’ve filed it somewhere) but I’ve since come across pieces listed as ‘Not Richard Godfrey’, all with the same mark and decoration,  but not attributed to anyone else so it’s still unidentified. Christopher Russell, maybe? Beamish Open Air Museum Pottery also used a similar slipware decoration; maybe by someone who trained there?  

Another one

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe Img_1419R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe Img_1418

Last edited by NaomiM on October 24th 2023, 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31598
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe Empty R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe

Post by RVsaid October 15th 2023, 11:12 am

Hello

I used to know this mark but it's just escaping me today. Soto  avoid the continued frustration would someone please be kind enough to remind me :0)

My mind just keeps going back to the Spanish Fish decorated shallow bowls.

Many thanks

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe P1750420

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe P1750419

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe P1750421
RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe Empty Re: R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe

Post by NaomiM October 15th 2023, 7:30 pm

We’ve Had the mark before but I don’t think it’s was IDed. Closest was Christopher Russell

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31598
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe Empty Re: R mark with two Dots - Christopher Russell maybe

Post by RVsaid October 16th 2023, 8:37 am

Thanks Naomi. Not too far from here either, such a range of marks used though. Eventually someone will find a piece with a studio label on it as well and we will all know :0)
RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum