Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan

3 posters

Go down

Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan  Empty Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan

Post by MAD42000 October 4th 2023, 5:24 pm

This look like a demitasse set that could be Nortiake?   But they have so many Makers Marks, I can't tell.  Thank you all in advance for your help.

Marc
Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan  Nippon10
Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan  Nippon11
Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan  Nippon12
MAD42000
MAD42000

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2023-09-25

Back to top Go down

Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan  Empty Re: Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan

Post by denbydump October 4th 2023, 10:38 pm

From goteborg:

The word "Nippon" in western characters means "Japan" and occurs on most Japanese wares from around 1890 until the early 1920s. From 1891 imports to America were required to be marked with the country of origin, in western characters. Thus Japanese exports (to America) were marked with "Nippon" in English from this date to 1922, when the requirement was changed to that the word "Japan" should be used. These are the so-called "Nippon wares"
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7363
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan  Empty Re: Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan

Post by MAD42000 October 5th 2023, 7:24 pm

Thank you for that. It seems even Noritaki was labeled Nippon but my Mark does not seem to match any of the ones I looked up on line. So this set would be from the 20's at the latest? I can try to get a better shot of the makers mark if that would help.
MAD42000
MAD42000

Back to top Go down

Post by MAD42000 October 5th 2023, 7:45 pm

MAD42000 wrote:Thank you for that.  It seems even Noritaki was labeled Nippon but my Mark does not seem to match any of the ones I looked up on line.  So this set would be from the 20's at the latest?  I can try to get a better shot of the makers mark if that would help.  

Looks like the Makers Mark is a Diamond with an M inside it. Also looks like the lines of the diamond's overlap.

Porcelain tea set, Nippon ware, Japan  Nippon14
MAD42000
MAD42000

Back to top Go down

Post by carolalev October 7th 2023, 4:44 pm

The mark says HANDPAINTED NIPPON. But maybe you could already see that...
carolalev
carolalev

Female Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2019-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum