Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature

2 posters

Go down

Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature Empty Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature

Post by simondrc September 30th 2023, 10:10 am

The vase is 19cm tall. The photos describe it otherwise better than I can. It has been in the family since Christmas 1961, but I have no record of how or where acquired, let alone what it cost. It is a very nice piece and I am trying to track down who made it.

The second photo shows the signature on the base. The last line seems to say Malmo '61, which makes sense. However the first line which seems to give the artist's name as S. Hojoea delivers zero on internet searches, and the middle line is completely illegible, at least to me.

Can anybody cast any light on this?

Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature Img-2010

Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature Img-2011
simondrc
simondrc

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-09-30

Back to top Go down

Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature Empty Re: Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature

Post by jsco September 30th 2023, 10:37 am

Plenty of Google Image search matches if you search using vase photo, Sara Hopea Kupla design for Nuutajarvi - Notsjo
jsco
jsco

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-01-30

Back to top Go down

Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature Empty Re: Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature

Post by simondrc September 30th 2023, 10:53 am

I am humbled. I did an image search on the base but not on the vase itself  Swedish 1961 blue/clear cased art glass vase, cannot decipher signature 1f620

Thank you for your very prompt assistance.
simondrc
simondrc

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jsco September 30th 2023, 12:02 pm

Image search is continually improving, it is a fascinating resource, and, just like this Forum, it is a joy to use, particularly if you are old enough to remember only having a few reference books in the Public Library to scratch through.
jsco
jsco

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum