Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating

2 posters

Go down

Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating Empty Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating

Post by MyraOhMyra June 30th 2023, 12:01 pm

I love this vase, but have not been able to identify its maker. It’s quite heavy and it’s coating looks almost “oily” or even rubbery. I can’t seem to find a mark on it, although the bottom has some stripes on it that are actually in the glass (at first I thought it was dirt but it’s not). Benny Motzfeldt came to mind but no signature plus coating/shape don’t seem right. Any thoughts?Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating Img_5712
Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating Img_5711
Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating Img_5710
MyraOhMyra
MyraOhMyra

Female Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2023-06-03

Back to top Go down

Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating Empty Re: Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating

Post by MyraOhMyra June 30th 2023, 12:03 pm

And one that hopefully shows it’s coating betterTurquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating Img_5713
MyraOhMyra
MyraOhMyra

Back to top Go down

Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating Empty Re: Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating

Post by MyraOhMyra July 2nd 2023, 8:19 am

I am still hoping for any insight.
The vase confuses me a little. Murano is an option (I have found a very similarly shaped vase with bubbles and a similar coating on a curated sales website that attributes it to Murano), but the shape makes me think of Chiesa’s cartoccio vases (Fontana Arte), but I don’t think I have seen any with bubbles or more than one colour.
All help much appreciated!
MyraOhMyra
MyraOhMyra

Back to top Go down

Post by chasdevlin July 2nd 2023, 10:01 am

Regarding the shape, these are commonly know as handkerchief vases in English. Thought I'd mention it just in case you were unaware (I see you're in the Netherlands).
Can't help much with an id I'm afraid, although I get a contemporary feel from it generally.
chasdevlin
chasdevlin

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2016-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MyraOhMyra July 31st 2023, 6:11 pm

Hi guys, a little follow up on my hunt for info on this vase. I found a rather similar vase online that was advertised as Murano. So I contacted the owner and he said that it had a label and could therefore be identified as Murano. This is the image of the label/sticker he sent me (cut off for privacy). Now, I cannot find an Effezeta glass maker but I can find an Effezeta design Italian furniture maker. I have a feeling that maybe this sticker should not be on this vase. Any help? Has anyone even heard of Effezeta as a Murano glass maker/factory? Might there be a slight confusion on the other end with Due Zeta?

Turquoise/blue bubble inclusion vase with “oily” coating Img_0411

MyraOhMyra
MyraOhMyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum