Mystery bowl I've had for years - Qianlong ware, China

2 posters

Go down

Mystery bowl I've had for years - Qianlong ware, China Empty Mystery bowl I've had for years - Qianlong ware, China

Post by crunchberry May 7th 2023, 1:06 am

Sorry if the photos are a little dark. I've had this bowl for many years but I've never been able to figure out the mark. Style looks like it could be eastern? The mark could depict a number of different letters or symbols. Anyone recognize this?

crunchberry
crunchberry

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2022-08-20

Back to top Go down

Mystery bowl I've had for years - Qianlong ware, China Empty Re: Mystery bowl I've had for years - Qianlong ware, China

Post by NaomiM May 7th 2023, 10:40 am

Looks early Chinese Qianlong ware, or 'kitchen Qing'. 18th or 19th Century

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32036
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Mystery bowl I've had for years - Qianlong ware, China Empty Re: Mystery bowl I've had for years - Qianlong ware, China

Post by crunchberry May 7th 2023, 8:15 pm

NaomiM wrote:Looks early Chinese Qianlong ware, or 'kitchen Qing'. 18th or 19th Century
Thanks for the lead! I didn't consider it could be that old.

I wish I could learn more about eastern pottery but I find it extra challenging not having a grasp of the language and letter characters. And then on top of that deciphering the real ones from the replicas and fakes. I have a few Sothebys and Christies catalogs for eastern events I saved because they can be so beautiful to look through.
crunchberry
crunchberry

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2022-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum