Ian and Christine Reid, Flaxton Pottery, Australia

Go down

Ian and Christine Reid, Flaxton Pottery, Australia  Empty Ian and Christine Reid, Flaxton Pottery, Australia

Post by NaomiM March 26th 2023, 9:23 pm

Small vase with partial stamp for Flaxton Pottery, by Ian and Christine Reid, Australia

From Ian and Christine's website:

Ian Reid
I have been working with clay for over thirty years, starting out at 17, having being been inspired by a wonderful art teacher. I taught myself to make pots on a wheel in my parents garage and sold my work at markets in and around Brisbane. When I turned 21 I opened my own gallery and workshop in Milton, Brisbane.

In 1983 I moved to the Blackall Range on the Sunshine Coast and started working at the old Montville Pottery. From here I opened my own gallery and workshop, Flaxton Pottery. This is where I created my signature style and met the love of my life, Christine. We married and built our own home studio where Reid Pottery resides today. Today we sell our work all over Australia and overseas.

Christine Reid
I have always enjoyed sketching and painting, so glazing and decorating pottery became an extension of these interests. My work prior to pottery had always been in kindergartens and in children’s activity centres where arts and crafts had played a major part. Now Ian and I have formed a fantastic partnership. He throws the pots and I mix glazes and decorate the wares.
http://reidpottery.com.au/about-us-2/]reidpottery.com.au/about-us-2/

Ian Reid's mark while operating Flaxton Pottery is an impressed "Flaxton"

Ian and Christine Reid, Flaxton Pottery, Australia  8cb94910Ian and Christine Reid, Flaxton Pottery, Australia  98c20710Ian and Christine Reid, Flaxton Pottery, Australia  5fa49c10

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31522
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum