Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else

4 posters

Go down

Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else  Empty Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else

Post by Neil62 March 22nd 2023, 1:31 pm

Good afternoon,
I initially thought this was a Leach standard ware Lemonade jug though I recognise often they are just glazed on the rim but it was included with several other Leach standard ware.
I looked in the catalogues and none of the jugs show the little thumb nub at the top of the handle.
I have some jugs by Ray Finch which do but not so pronounced.
I recognise that many of the Leach tankards were produced with similar nubs (sure there is a proper term but you will know what I mean).
There is no mark but there is what appears to be a mark filled with glaze well below the bottom of where the handle meets the main body……though when I have looked again it’s not as clear as I thought it was!
Nothing else …. Really for my education!
Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else  6a73a310
Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else  3906e410
Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else  29a25f10

Kind regards
Neil62
Neil62
Neil62

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2022-04-04

Back to top Go down

Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else  Empty Re: Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else

Post by studio-pots March 22nd 2023, 6:04 pm

My thoughts are similar to yours but a full picture of the base would be good. With potentially IDing any pottery that is often just as important as everything else and sometimes the most important feature.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7811
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else  Empty Re: Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else

Post by Neil62 March 22nd 2023, 6:24 pm

No problem SP - having looked at a coffee pot I’ve got I’m certain it’s not Leach and looking at my Winchcombe jugs it’s not one of theirs either!
Lemonade Leach standard OR Winchcombe or someone else  6d016610
Neil62
Neil62

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot March 23rd 2023, 9:36 am

What is that pencil/pen mark in the bottom left hand corner of the jug?
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6529
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil62 March 23rd 2023, 9:49 am

Hi Philpot,
Not easy but if I was pushed I would say it said 10 shillings and 3 pence ie 10/3 - course it could be something altogether different!!!
Kind regards
Neil
Neil62
Neil62

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot March 23rd 2023, 10:08 am

Well that would put it pre-decimalisation of UK Coinage in February 1971. 51 pence in today's money. So it gives up some age. But it makes it even more difficult to identify!
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6529
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil62 March 23rd 2023, 10:18 am

Thanks Philpot - worth a try but I recognise it’s not easy and by the time I post on this forum I have exhausted my minuscule knowledge and internet research.
It has been helpful previously on many occasions though!!
All the best
Neil62
Neil62
Neil62

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 23rd 2023, 1:17 pm

The Ceramike website has a gallery of British studio pottery jugs but I'm not finding the link at the moment

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31868
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil62 March 23rd 2023, 1:50 pm

Hi Naomi,
I do use Mikes website quite a lot but always to do with Leach.
I hadn’t thought of looking there but I’ll have a go.
Thanks for your help
I wish I could return the favours!
Kind regards
Neil62
Neil62
Neil62

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil62 March 23rd 2023, 1:52 pm

Drop down box under jugs - but I suspect it’s one of those that you either get it immediately as I did by fluke or spend ages trying to find it down worm holes
Neil62
Neil62

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum