tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils

2 posters

Go down

tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils  Empty tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils

Post by jonspencer March 22nd 2023, 5:46 am

I bought this vase in Cape Town but have no clue about origin, just liked the design and quality

the guinea fowl (?) have a sort of metallic sheen to them

all comments appreciated

tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils  Pxl_2255
tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils  Pxl_2253
tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils  Pxl_2254
jonspencer
jonspencer

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Back to top Go down

tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils  Empty Re: tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils

Post by hercules brabazon March 24th 2023, 11:01 am

I think they're meant to be Guinea Fowl.
hercules brabazon
hercules brabazon

Male Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils  Empty Re: tall vase decorated with Guinea Fowl from Cape Town, South Africa, Phils

Post by jonspencer March 25th 2023, 8:20 am

yes thanks and I found out they were made by a local Cape Town potter who signed some pieces as Phils
jonspencer
jonspencer

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum