Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks

2 posters

Go down

Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks  Empty Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks

Post by Sbro March 20th 2023, 5:33 pm

Dear Forum

Attached please find pics of an unusual copper and brass shallow vessel I’m trying to associate to a maker, era or place of origin.

Dish is approx 5” in diameter and ways around 1kg making it very heavy for its size Height is approx 1”

Edges appear to have been beaten/hammered and display a different patina to base and bottom of vessel. No marks or signatures. Condition does not imply a usage ie don’t think it’s an ashtray!

Any thoughts insights etc would be of great use.

Kindest

Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks  2024ff10
Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks  9020b810
Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks  737a7210
Sbro
Sbro

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2022-07-10

Back to top Go down

Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks  Empty Re: Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks

Post by denbydump March 20th 2023, 10:21 pm

It looks vaguely arts and crafts, but with no marks, almost impossible to identify.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7217
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks  Empty Re: Copper and Brass Small Shallow Dish. No marks

Post by Sbro March 21st 2023, 10:47 am

Hi Denby

Thanks for your reply.

I’m in the same place as you on this. Feels Arts and Crafts but impossible to attribute being unsigned.

Will keep my eyes open in books and cats along with hoping it might ring a bell for someone!

Thanks again for your help

Kindest

Sbro
Sbro

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2022-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum