Surrealism painting

2 posters

Go down

Surrealism painting Empty Surrealism painting

Post by zlata_glavata February 1st 2023, 9:52 pm

Hello,

This is first painting I have bought, and I kinda like it, think it is surrealism.
What I like most about it are colors, sky, composition.

There is no frame or signature on it.

Any thoughts about this painting, doss anyone have any idea who might be the artist, approximate time when it was made, do you think it is some established painter or an amateur, would it be considered "quality" artwork, or not really.

Basically, any thoughts or comments would be helpful!

Surrealism painting Img_2023

Surrealism painting Img_2023
zlata_glavata
zlata_glavata

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2022-09-11

Back to top Go down

Surrealism painting Empty Re: Surrealism painting

Post by studio-pots February 2nd 2023, 5:58 pm

It is a surrealist painting. I assume that it is on canvas and would think that it is likely to have been painted in the 1930's - being able to hold it would confirm but clearly that's not possible for me to do.

The colour palette is muted compared to the most famous surrealists but it looks very well painted and the composition is good.

Because there is no signature, it hints at it being a talented amateur. However, I assume that you bought it in your part of the world and, if so, investigating locally might reveal who might have painted it.

I used to like surrealist art many years ago and less so now but back then I would have been delighted if I found such a painting.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zlata_glavata February 4th 2023, 11:02 am

studio-pots wrote:It is a surrealist painting. I assume that it is on canvas and would think that it is likely to have been painted in the 1930's - being able to hold it would confirm but clearly that's not possible for me to do.

The colour palette is muted compared to the most famous surrealists but it looks very well painted and the composition is good.

Because there is no signature, it hints at it being a talented amateur. However, I assume that you bought it in your part of the world and, if so, investigating locally might reveal who might have painted it.

I used to like surrealist art many years ago and less so now but back then I would have been delighted if I found such a painting.

Hello, 
Thank you for your comment, and I am really glad that you like painting!
I forgot to mention, but dimensions of the painting are 44x35 cm, I believe it is oil on canvas, and canvas is "stretched" over piece of board.
I am also gonna include picture of backside of painting, but don't think it is showing much.
I asked in the local galleries that are specialized for local, but they couldn't place it, so it can be from some other country (possible, items like this can fluctuate a lot), or it could be made by some student.
It does look quite old, but I am uprised that you said it could be all the way back from 1930s, I thought iw woul be 1950-60s or up.Surrealism painting Screen11

zlata_glavata
zlata_glavata

Back to top Go down

Post by zlata_glavata February 4th 2023, 12:05 pm

Do you have any idea, if there is market for this kinda art (considering it is not signed), and what would be price range that painting like this could go for, if you have any idea based on your experience?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards!
zlata_glavata
zlata_glavata

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots February 4th 2023, 12:51 pm

We don't give estimates of prices on the Forum mainly because they can vary from market to market and from time to time.

What I can say is that in the UK it would be difficult to sell at any price because there is little or no interest in surrealist work in the UK art market. In Bosnia things might be different but I have no knowledge of the art market there.

If it was mine and I really needed or wanted to sell it, then I would put it on eBay and let it find its level.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zlata_glavata February 4th 2023, 2:34 pm

Thank you again for information, beeing relatively new, didn't know we don't discuss prices on forum.I don't plan to sell it, at least not at the moment, but was just curious to find out about it's value
zlata_glavata
zlata_glavata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum