Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore

4 posters

Go down

Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore  Empty Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore

Post by potterymad62 January 18th 2023, 11:27 am

Just found this Limited Edt Troika Mask, Fosters Redruth Ltd 2015 and made by Geoff James on eBay. Now my understanding is Fosters ceased all production in around the early to mid 1990's and moved to Trevenson Way near Poole selling pottery supplies only, so is it genuine or fake. Going by the date, quality of blue/green glaze and to my knowledge only wash glazes were used at Troika. So my conclusion it's a fake,  am I right or wrong. It could be legit reproduction. The guy has eight on his eBay store.

Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore  S-l16023
Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore  S-l16024
Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore  S-l16026
potterymad62
potterymad62

Male Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore  Empty Re: Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore

Post by NaomiM January 18th 2023, 12:34 pm

Maybe he's the guy who bought the Troika moulds
It's fully marked so it's a reproduction, not a fake

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31522
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore  Empty Re: Fosters Pottery Ltd, Troika Cornwall, Geoff James and Ian Moore

Post by LindaG January 18th 2023, 1:31 pm

Hi - I have a Fosters 'Troika' three sided vase with the same markings bought a few years ago from the Cornish Pisky shop in St Ives - I got a very detailed leaflet with it, basically Ian Moore rescued Fosters pottery in 1994 and in 2008 they started developing their own Troika ware as he loved it so much. So as not to confuse the market they only produce large 'replicas' and also incorporate effects that might not be relating to Troika. The company 'Troika Cornwall' now trades in tandem with Fosters, and each design is limited to the life of the mould and marked as this one is on the base. They developed their own designs so they aren't from the original moulds.
I bought my piece because I like it and couldn't afford an original!
LindaG
LindaG

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2022-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump January 18th 2023, 4:40 pm

Most interesting, first I've heard of it, thanks for the info.
Now of course if one sanded off the other marks......................
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7221
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum