Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!...

2 posters

Go down

Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!... Empty Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!...

Post by Sbro October 8th 2022, 4:27 pm

Dear Forum,

Abstract, ovoid-ish vase which I've fallen in love with!  Partially glazed and appears to be stoneware. Sealed on the base with what looks like the initials "MEM"?

Height - 16cm, Width - 14cm

Would, as always appreciate any insights, thoughts, comments on maker, era etc...

Many thanks in advance

Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!... Img_2137

Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!... Img_2138

Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!... Img_2139
Sbro
Sbro

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2022-07-10

Back to top Go down

Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!... Empty Re: Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!...

Post by Sbro November 6th 2022, 8:36 pm

In the manner of Robert Fournier by way of AW it would seem after referring back to the Fournier thread!…
Sbro
Sbro

Back to top Go down

Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!... Empty Re: Abstract Brutalist Vase. MEM mark I think!...

Post by Sbro December 15th 2022, 3:43 pm

Apologies for the late addition here but has been suggested that this pot might have Scandinavian origins?!?
Sbro
Sbro

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot December 15th 2022, 4:11 pm

It is clearly hand made individual studio pottery. So it literally come from nearly anywhere. It does remind me so much of Robert Fournier tho!
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6631
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbro December 15th 2022, 7:43 pm

Hi Philpot.

Totally agree with all your points. As the impressed maker’s seal is an unknown it’s if course impossible to attribute a maker, location or an age all of which would be fascinating! Fingers crossed that somewhere in the collected memory banks of The Forum there may reside an insight!

Thanks again!
Sbro
Sbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbro May 25th 2023, 8:10 pm

FYI makers mark is placed within a concave sector of the base if this is of help with respect to IDing the maker

Kindest
Sbro
Sbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum