Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey?

3 posters

Go down

Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey? Empty Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey?

Post by abstract*toad June 6th 2022, 9:04 am

Two stoneware plates, only one is marked, but both by the same hand.
I purchased these (along with another piece) from the partner (studio potter) of Adam Schoon. Suffice to say, she did not make them and does not know who did.
Any help with ID welcomed. Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey? 20220618
Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey? 20220616
Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey? 20220617
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2021-04-23

Back to top Go down

Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey? Empty Re: Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey?

Post by abstract*toad June 6th 2022, 9:04 am

Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey? 20220619
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Back to top Go down

Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey? Empty Re: Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey?

Post by NaomiM June 6th 2022, 11:50 am

I’ve never known Batterham to decorate with images
Possibly by Rosamond Burnett who was an artist and potter

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31598
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract*toad June 6th 2022, 12:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback and link Naomi, much appreciated 👍
I did wonder whether they may have been by his son.
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 6th 2022, 12:24 pm

Not one of Richard’s or Reuben’s recorded marks

Plates RB mark (not Batterham), Rosamond (Rosamund) Burnett? Bisham Abbey? 84ec3c10

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract*toad June 6th 2022, 3:00 pm

Thanks again Naomi.
I'm missing out not being able to access your site, security settings etc won't allow me.
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 6th 2022, 5:24 pm

Probably because it’s not an ‘https’; just an ‘http’. We’re looking into buying a security certificate but it’s piggybacking off my husband’s work’s server so it’s a bit complicated. Although with some browsers you can go to ‘special settings’ and click on ‘go to site anyway’ or words to that effect

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot June 6th 2022, 5:30 pm

Definitely not Richard Batterham. He was a very conservative potter, and never ever did any illustration. Reuben seems to much in the same vein.
Nice pieces though.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6450
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract*toad June 7th 2022, 6:49 am

Thanks Phil.
Yes, I agree, I love the contrast the tenmoku gives on the one.Both are nicely done imo.

Thanks Naomi, it does give me an option to override it, I think I'm just a bit overly paranoid for various reasons, though I won't waffle on about that...
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 17th 2023, 3:01 pm

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract*toad May 17th 2023, 7:37 pm

Isn't it similar, good sppot Naomi.
Thanks 👍 😊
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum