Anyone know the artist?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone know the artist? Empty Anyone know the artist?

Post by Windy2005 May 30th 2022, 2:25 pm

Very kitsch original painting but we can't make out the artist's name. Any help much appreciated

Anyone know the artist? 16539111
Anyone know the artist? 16539110
Windy2005
Windy2005

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2020-09-20

Back to top Go down

Anyone know the artist? Empty Re: Anyone know the artist?

Post by Jarl August 16th 2022, 9:08 am

Looks like it might say, 'Moran' or 'Loran' or something? It drives me nuts when artists sign illegibly. Anyway, I usually have to resort to analyzing the image and the framing for clues even if I 'can' read the signature...that is, if a readable name search hits a dead end.
Jarl
Jarl

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2022-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots August 16th 2022, 9:25 pm

I remember seeing these around, I think in the 1970s. However, I suspect that they were factory produced and the signature was illegible to make it appear to be by an individual artist.

It does have a period charm and, I could be wrong. However, if they were by an individual artist, I imagine that someone would have been written an article in the past and I am not aware of one.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PotteryMaim August 26th 2022, 10:01 pm

It looks to me like a street caricaturist's upcharged work. Stay with me, here.
A golf widow is wandering the retirement vacation town alone, because her husband's golf buddy has shown up to celebrate with them. Caricaturist adds lots of very specific detail: clown ID, extra colors, flies around their heads, half a bottle of liquor easily accessed from the top of the bag. Lots of angry insults for the subjects, plus maybe she paid the artist 5000% of their fee. Anyway, the signature might be L O Rifa-- or what studio-pots said, which is probably the solution after you apply Occam's razor to it. But I like my story better.
Thoughts?
PotteryMaim
PotteryMaim

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2022-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum