Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts? European?

2 posters

Go down

Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts?  European? Empty Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts? European?

Post by jbird99 March 18th 2022, 1:58 am

I have had this vase for many years.   It is not in the best shape but I’ve always liked the look of it anyway .  It has a very clear mark (looks like a clover leaf) but I have not been able to identify it .  It came from an estate where most of the items were from the arts and crafts period,  So I always assumed it’s about 100 years old.   It kind of has a hammered look to it but I don’t know for sure that it’s arts and crafts though. It has been suggested to me that the presence of a number on the bottom may indicate it is European. Any help on the manufacture would be appreciated. Thanks.

Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts?  European? 3eb2d710
Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts?  European? Db010b10
Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts?  European? 88153410
jbird99
jbird99

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2022-03-17

Back to top Go down

Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts?  European? Empty Re: Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts? European?

Post by NaomiM March 18th 2022, 1:19 pm

It certainly looks Art Deco period. Not a mark I recognise. Maybe one of the US Art potteries?

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32036
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts?  European? Empty Re: Help identifying vase makers mark? Arts and Crafts? European?

Post by jbird99 March 19th 2022, 2:03 am

Thanks for the reply. Funny the American pottery people I have spoken to say they don’t recognize it either and figure it might be European. I’m guessing it must not have been a very prolific manufacturer. May have just been disposable stuff for it’s day and not collected or known these days.
jbird99
jbird99

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2022-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum