Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark

Go down

Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  Empty Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark

Post by NaomiM February 13th 2022, 6:17 pm

Christine Bull, Meadowcroft Pottery. Currently chairman of the Petersfield Arts and Crafts Society.

https://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/news/television-series-leads-to-potterys-popularity-surge-305645

Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  Ec13fc10

Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  336cec10
Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  0d004f10
Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  C683b910
Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  745a6b10

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32036
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  Empty Re: Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark

Post by NaomiM January 23rd 2024, 6:51 pm

Lovely wonky jug by Christine (Chris) Bull. Sadly deceased in 2022

A Tribute for Chris Bull – Jane Ostler (published in the Bucks Pottery and Sculpture Society newsletter)

As you have probably heard by now local potter Chris Bull sadly passed away on Thursday 18th August. She was a much
loved and respected potter/ teacher/ and friend to many Bucks potters. She taught ceramics at GCE ‘A’ level, and ran
the Studio Potters Course at Evreham Adult learning Centre, exhibited at many Bucks open studios, and worked from her studio ‘Meadowcroft pottery’ in Askett.

Comments from some Bucks potters:
“Chris was my pottery teacher for many years – I started attending evening classes around 1974 and, within a year or so, found the perfect teacher in Chris Bull. She was great – encouraging, knowledgeable, and so very patient and cheerful. I stayed with her right up to when she eventually gave up her evening classes a few years ago. Chris was known by so many people in our pottery community and will be desperately missed. I know that the pieces of her work that I own and the ones I made under her tutelage will always be treasured.” Paula Sutton

“For the past 25 years our lives have been full of Christine’s work in pots that we see and use all the time. All the knowledge, inspiration and shared moments of success and being asked if we have kept a note of what we did. The fun of Raku days with much laughter and oh so much hard work put in by Chris, food and wine while assessing results of the day. These memories of a wonderful friend and teacher will be in our hearts forever (not forgetting the best cakes and biscuit’s made for the summer school.)” Joy Arucci and Debbie Shaw

“Such sad news. I started pottery with Chris many years ago at evening classes. She passed on her love and enthusiasm for clay in all its forms, and particularly raku. Like others I have many of Chris’s pieces in everyday use at home. Great memories, and a very sad loss.”
Jane Ostler

Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  Img_1116

Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  Img_1118Christine (Chris) Bull, fish and CB mark  Img_1117

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32036
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum