BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE?

3 posters

Go down

BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE? Empty BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE?

Post by Coalman February 10th 2022, 12:43 pm

This Bourne and Leigh platter is 40.5cm long.

Online I have been unable to find any other examples of Bourne and Leigh ware with this 'Isis' pattern which makes it difficult to date.  

Can anybody help? Thanks. BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE? P1040613
BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE? P1040612
Coalman
Coalman

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2022-01-14

Back to top Go down

BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE? Empty Re: BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE?

Post by potterymad62 February 10th 2022, 2:24 pm

E B & J E L

E. Bourne & J.E. Leigh

1892 -1912

I see no England or Made in England marks, possibly produced in 1892.

The B in the middle is the Burslem Works.
potterymad62
potterymad62

Male Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE? Empty Re: BOURNE AND LEIGH 'ISIS' PATTERN PLATTER - WHAT DATE?

Post by Coalman February 10th 2022, 3:25 pm

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

But the OLD "ISIS" pattern is the only way identify to possibly estimate the manufacture date.

BTW: Do not think that an "iSIS" range of dinnerware would go down well in UK these days. Maybe in Syria yes.

Coalman
Coalman

Back to top Go down

Post by potterymad62 February 10th 2022, 3:42 pm

Coalman wrote:Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

But the OLD "ISIS" pattern is the only way identify to possibly estimate the manufacture date.  

BTW: Do not think that an "iSIS" range of dinnerware would go down well in UK these days.  Maybe in Syria yes.  

I have found more details for the Albion Pottery, ran from 1892 - 1941. I can't find anything on the ISIS Pattern, until one comes up on the internet. Bourne & Leigh closed in 1941 as part of the wartime concentration scheme and did not reopen. Here is a link http://www.thepotteries.org/allpotters/149.htm with very limited info, sorry I can't be of more help.
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Post by Coalman February 11th 2022, 8:48 am

Thanks for the assistance.  

Guess I will have to keep searching online until the "Isis" pattern eventually comes up.  

Dunno what Special Branch/M15 are going to make of my "ISIS" searches Happy
Coalman
Coalman

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump February 11th 2022, 10:00 am

All I would say is stylistically, it would probably be late 19th, or very early 20thC.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7217
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by potterymad62 February 11th 2022, 10:46 am

Coalman wrote:Thanks for the assistance.  

Guess I will have to keep searching online until the "Isis" pattern eventually comes up.  

Dunno what Special Branch/M15 are going to make of my "ISIS" searches Happy
Excellent
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum