German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn.

2 posters

Go down

German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn. Empty German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn.

Post by WOTCHIT January 31st 2022, 2:16 pm

German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn. German11
German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn. German12
German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn. German13

This piece is 275mm High. The top/lid with the School Teacher lifts off. There are Hand painted pictures on three sides and three naughty schoolboys at the front. One bears a sign 'Schunder' which is German for Filthy - but this could perhaps mean idle or somesuch. The three pictures on the sides are; 1. Male and female figures carrying a basket of vegetables below a carrying pole 2. Cottage interior with woman at spinningwheel and a standing male figure tucking in to some food 3. Farm scene with two men fighting at fisticuffs. The factory mark is an impressed S&S.  I would be most pleased if someone could please identify what this piece is.
WOTCHIT
WOTCHIT

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2022-01-21

Back to top Go down

German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn. Empty Re: German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn.

Post by NaomiM January 31st 2022, 2:30 pm

Helps to see photos of the mark and base

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn. Empty Re: German/Austrain Porcelain Box in the form of a lecturn.

Post by WOTCHIT October 18th 2023, 2:26 pm

Although a long time ago, I have just realised that I had not thanked NaomiM for her help. Thank you so much NaomiM
WOTCHIT
WOTCHIT

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2022-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum