Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification!

3 posters

Go down

Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! Empty Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification!

Post by Silver Pete December 7th 2021, 1:01 pm

Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! P1140012
Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! P1140010
Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! P1140011Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! P1140013
Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! P1140015
Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! P1140014
I need help identifying the origin of this large Royal Doulton sized figurine. It is well made and hand decorated. The mark looks possibly German?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Last edited by Silver Pete on December 7th 2021, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more pics)
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Male Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2021-03-18

Back to top Go down

Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! Empty Re: Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification!

Post by Yelena December 8th 2021, 2:19 am

Hi! I can't claim anything in particular about the mark or the figurine, but here is a link to the board discussion about two crossed arrows mark, maybe it will help you narrow your search:
https://www.artifactcollectors.com/what-company-used-two-crossed-arrows-as-a-symbol-463644.html
From my experience, I also would look for the details of paintings, as a facial features for example - eyes and lips, and overall accuracy of brush strokes. The contours of lines, how paint is laid, and paint colors sometimes could tell a story or give a hint (not all the time so).
Yelena
Yelena

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2021-11-16

Back to top Go down

Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification! Empty Re: Large Figurine with hand painted mark, help requested for identification!

Post by studio-pots December 8th 2021, 11:14 am

A similar type of mark was used by a factory in Paris that began in the 1820s but continued into the 20th century and became "Porcelaine de Paris" in 1948. Might be worth investigating that route?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7811
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Pete December 8th 2021, 3:55 pm

Thanks, I've had a quick look at a figure by them and the lips on their figure are identical to the lips on mine! The mark looks the same too. I think you're spot on with Porcelaine de Paris. Well Done!
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Male Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2021-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum