Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp

3 posters

Go down

Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp  Empty Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp

Post by olipayton October 28th 2021, 7:21 pm

It’s a bit to brassy for a brown pot man like me’ have checked on line but can’t find similar backstamp, I guess it’s a love it hate type of vase!
Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp  Image71
Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp  Image70
olipayton
olipayton

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2015-12-08

Back to top Go down

Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp  Empty Re: Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp

Post by studio-pots October 29th 2021, 9:43 am

Limoges is the name of a city in France foremost but it is of course noted for its porcelain, just as Stoke was noted for its earthenware in the UK.

Porcelain is still made in Limoges but I am sure even in its heyday quality varied and it will do today.

When you see images of even functional; modern; good quality Limoges on the internet you can see that its well made, something I don't see in the image of your vase.

In real life it might look and feel higher quality than in your photos. However, from them it looks modern, poor quality and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was made elsewhere.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7812
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp  Empty Re: Limoges vase but can’t find similar backstamp

Post by janetpjohn October 29th 2021, 7:55 pm

I also think it's Chinese.
janetpjohn
janetpjohn

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by olipayton October 29th 2021, 8:13 pm

Blimey! I guess I should sell it as Limoges type!
olipayton
olipayton

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2015-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots October 29th 2021, 11:48 pm

An oriental style vase signed Limoges? Embarrassed

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7812
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum