Frank Martin

Go down

Frank Martin  Empty Frank Martin

Post by NaomiM September 13th 2021, 12:21 am

Frank Martin, Somerset

From his website:

Frank Martin Ceramic Artist
Welcome to fmceramics.com (Frank Martin Ceramic Artist), here you can find out all about my work, my inspirations and designs. Feel free to browse through the images of pots in the gallery of my work.

Since completing a studio ceramics course at Chesterfield College of Art and Design in 1980 I have continuously worked in ceramics.  I currently work from my studio near Pitney in Somerset. Most of my current work is made to commission and I exhibit in galleries mainly in the south west.

Over the years I have used many types of clay and techniques enjoying the variety that clay can offer. I have pieces in Raku, salt glazed stoneware and burnished earthenware. I currently use white stoneware clay fired in my electric kiln. My work ranges from large sculptures suitable for the garden or conservatory, to individually crafted ceramics, and includes a range of thrown domesticware pottery. As well as actively making ceramics I run occaisional workshops.

I was a Trustee for the Devon Guild at Bovey Tracey (2009-2011)

I am currently a Director for the Somerset Guild of Crafts 2020 to present.

Alongside my ceramics work I was a founding Trustee for Art Care Education, (2016 to present) ACE is an arts based charity in The Old Town Hall in Somerton, Somerset. The charity showcases contemporary craft and art alongside an inspiring exhibition programme of work by local and national artists, making the difference by enhancing lives through art. We have recently received funding from the Arts Council.

Frank Martin  8040cb10
Frank Martin  D381ba10

Display at Somerton. Stamped F and M and signed

Frank Martin  0c624b10
Frank Martin  1e18d010
Frank Martin  2c5e6210

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down