Unboxing Videos

2 posters

Go down

Unboxing Videos Empty Unboxing Videos

Post by 22 Crawford St. September 8th 2021, 8:28 pm

Well in honour of the Unpacking Richard Batterham video Philpot posted [see below) and of course in memory of Richard Batterham I will start this thread. You never know it might be dramatic and exciting! Now you can all share your excitement or disappointment opening that box you have been waiting for. I don't know about you but i go though a range of emotions opening boxes. "Jesus... that is a small box - It must be broken", "On no PLEASE GOD don't let it be broken" are the normal ones.

If I had done one earlier in the year you would have heard me %^^&%^&%^ and "£!"£!"£ when the postie delivered my package to next door even though I was at home all morning and working in my front room in absolute silence patiently waiting for a knock on the door (Thanks again Brian!). Three wonderful pieces of old Aldermaston arrived safely. I've never been so stressed as when I checked the numbers as it said 'delivered 11:00am' and it was 2:00pm? OMG WTF?????

I have some stuff coming to work, so I will resist the temptation and hopefully post a double unboxing within a week, INCLUDING commentary. I wont tell you what they are ...mildly interesting.

Jumping For Joy Jumping For Joy Jumping For Joy
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5610
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Unboxing Videos Empty Re: Unboxing Videos

Post by philpot September 11th 2021, 9:53 am

Little things and all that. Laughter
I must admit to always opening boxes of pottery with great trepidation. Its probably why we have not bought much significant pottery that needs to be delivered, but have collected it ourselves.
You can tell s lot from the outer packaging tho. One's heart tends to sink when looking at the outside of a box too small for what is inside. Remember when we bought a large John Dunn Raku charger off Ebay. These are BIG things, and need a lot of packaging. My heart sank when I saw how inadequate the packaging was. Sure enough, it was shattered.
Aldermaston pottery seems to go quite cheaply nowadays. Apart from the lustre pieces. Probably quite easy to build up a nice collection of Aldermaston pieces, and work from previous Aldermaston potters.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6529
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. September 11th 2021, 12:45 pm

I've purchased several items on a Sunday in the past some small some medium. Complete shock when the little bit turns up in a massive box (double boxed) and the larger things turn up in the small box. You know you are in trouble when you cad see the object through the packaging  Embarrassed

Apologies - Meant Ambleside George CooK pieces not Aldermaston, but I do have a collection on non lustre goblets and some other stuff, tile, do have lustre bowl. A set of eight the same Aldermaston goblets can go for £60 - £70 which is crazy if you divide it down. A bloody new Denby mug costs £15 and that does not even have a saucer (out of fashion). Eight Denby mugs = £120 Shrugs Vintage is better!
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. September 24th 2021, 5:09 pm

Ok I did do a video but it was very crude and I can't be bothered to take the time to sort it out as I have a big delivery for a pergola tomorrow and I have a shed load of things to clear...hope they don't come at 7:00AM

I wont leave you hanging so these are the two packages. 1) two cute 1957/8 Briglin (Parkinson style) cats which are earthenware not porcelain. Strangely one looks slip cast or molded as its hollow - not seen before- they are normally unmarked. And 2) Hopefully a signed John Bew pot Odeny Pottery or before - not seen one of these so needs confirming but looks period to me. TBC.

Unboxing Videos 20210911

Unboxing Videos 20210910
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot September 26th 2021, 8:14 am

I thought our shelves looked crowded!
philpot