john driscoll collection

2 posters

Go down

john driscoll collection Empty john driscoll collection

Post by croker August 12th 2021, 5:49 pm

I had no idea that John Driscoll the American art and studio ceramic collector had died from covid , for those interested there is an interview with Mr Driscoll by Glen Adamson in the publication 'Things of beauty growing' about his collection .The collection i believe is coming up for sale at Maak and Phillips later in the year. Does anybody know if a catalogue has ever been published on his collection?
croker
croker

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

john driscoll collection Empty Re: john driscoll collection

Post by studio-pots August 12th 2021, 7:51 pm

He did come over to the UK quite often up until maybe 10 to 12 years ago and visited me at the gallery and bought some pots too. I know that he had bought from Paul Rice for many years, before I came on the scene and, of course, from auctions here. I only found out that he had died just before Christmas but know that he passed away in May 2020.

I don't know if there is a catalogue of his collection but I am sure if he had wanted one then it would have happened. I guess you know, croker, that he owned the Babcock Galleries off Madison Avenue in New York, so he was extremely well connected. Maybe you could contact them to find out whether a catalogue exists?

On another thread I commented about some wealthy customers being obnoxious to say the least but John was the complete opposite. He was the archetypal gentleman and scholar.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum