Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID

3 posters

Go down

Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID Empty Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID

Post by Wazit59 July 6th 2021, 10:29 am

This is a heavy piece, looks Austrian? Raised decoration, shaped foot rim and has some golf marks and remnants of a crimped sticker to the base. Measures 36.5 cm tall. Any suggestions or advice appreciated.Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID Img_2013
Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID Img_2014
Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID Img_2015

Wazit59
Wazit59

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2021-07-04

Back to top Go down

Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID Empty Re: Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID

Post by Frescobaldi July 6th 2021, 11:08 am

Austria/Vienna Secessionist, do we think? Beautiful decorative work...

"The goals stated at the founding included establishing contact and an exchange of ideas with artists outside Austria, disputing artistic nationalism, renewing the decorative arts; creating a "total art", that unified painting, architecture, and the decorative arts; and, in particular, opposing the domination of the official Vienna Academy of the Arts, the Vienna Künstlerhaus, and official art salons, with its traditional orientation toward Historicism (Wikipedia).

I thought those chunks out of the base were damage, but obvs not, so please could you show us a view with both sets of indentations? Thank you
Frescobaldi
Frescobaldi

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2021-02-06

Back to top Go down

Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID Empty Re: Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID

Post by Wazit59 July 6th 2021, 11:27 am

Hi, they are as in the third photo, simply look like gold lines and the leftover sticky from what looks like an old cerated sticker. Thanks
Wazit59
Wazit59

Back to top Go down

Post by Frescobaldi July 6th 2021, 12:41 pm

Thank you , yes I see them, I meant a full length view though. They seem to occur either side of a handle and I wondered how that would look

Last edited by Frescobaldi on July 6th 2021, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong descriptive word in my comment)
Frescobaldi
Frescobaldi

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2021-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots July 6th 2021, 3:06 pm

Are the black marks on the base any clearer with a better photograph?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazit59 July 6th 2021, 3:49 pm

Here is another image of the markings, they are gold, not black.
Austrian? Tall, heavy two handled vase with raised decoration - ID Img_2017
Wazit59
Wazit59

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazit59 July 6th 2021, 7:45 pm

Frescobaldi wrote:Austria/Vienna Secessionist, do we think?  Beautiful decorative work.

I thought those chunks out of the base were damage, but obvs not, so please could you show us a view with both sets of indentations?  Thank you

There are three sets of scalloped sections around the base.
Wazit59
Wazit59

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazit59 July 6th 2021, 8:56 pm

Do you think I am off the mark seeing similarities to "Moriage" wares? They seem to have very similar heavy whacky enamel style decoration.
Wazit59
Wazit59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum