Studio bowl for identification

2 posters

Go down

Studio bowl for identification Empty Studio bowl for identification

Post by abstract toad January 1st 2021, 9:20 am

Trying this one again, the sun came out and I managed to capture some better images.
Incised mark to base. Any help welcomed, thank you.
Studio bowl for identification Img_2123Studio bowl for identification Img_2124Studio bowl for identification Img_2125
abstract toad
abstract toad

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2018-06-01

Back to top Go down

Studio bowl for identification Empty Re: Studio bowl for identification

Post by philpot January 1st 2021, 9:48 am

Its the decoration that is the main feature, and the pretty dog. Now that is probably not something you would see by a Professional studio potter. For a start, it would not get very much money.
           Reading the Chelsea thread. Over their long history, they often gave lessons to amateurs and sometimes used Chelsea blanks. So, maybe it could be a very talented amateur?
            If you knock out chelsea, then its till the decoration.  Guernsey pottery might be a possibility. Their work was often as good as Chelsea's and they used earthenware. Also it was very much a tourist pottery.
           Staying with the decoration, Jo Lester Isle of Wight did a very great deal of high quality decoration  on tourist pieces. Moreover  he had numerous people  who worked with him, and established their own potteries aimed  a similar tourist market. Includes his daughter , Bembridge pottery, West of England Pottery and several others.
           But whatever it is, I do not really think it is a high value item.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6393
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract toad January 1st 2021, 10:12 am

Thanks for your reply Phil, and the depth of it, I am grateful. All useful information. Happy new year to you 👍
abstract toad
abstract toad

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2018-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum