Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny

2 posters

Go down

Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny Empty Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny

Post by Seal on a Rock December 19th 2020, 11:09 am

Hi,

I found this brooch in a second hand shop a few years back - I've never seen another one like it and would love to know a little more about it, e.g. when it might have been made (post 1940 obviously) and who the maker was.

The design appears to be painted on enamel, and although the coin dates from the 1940s (the final digit is obscured by the clasp), the clasp appears much more recent. Any suggestions?

Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny 20201212

Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny 20201213
Seal on a Rock
Seal on a Rock

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2020-12-19

Back to top Go down

Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny Empty Re: Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny

Post by Polseven April 19th 2021, 9:14 pm

Hi, I thought I replied already but looks like it did not go up for some reason.
I have had and sold a few similar but with military designs or initials on them.
Commonly known as sweetheart brooches \ badges they were made in both wars by servicemen to send home to wives and girlfriends.
I would agree the clasp is a modern replacement and the original was fixed where you can see the solder.
Polseven
Polseven

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2021-04-19

Back to top Go down

Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny Empty Re: Brooch made from painted enamel (?) on a 1940s penny

Post by Seal on a Rock April 19th 2021, 9:22 pm

Thank you for your reply. It's lovely to know a bit more about it and why it might have been made.
Seal on a Rock
Seal on a Rock

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2020-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum